Queer Chicanisma Online

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Presentation on Cyberspace

On Saturday, April 1, 2006 I presented at the National Association for Ethnic Studies conference in San Francisco.
The title of my talk: Cyber Sexualities: Queer Chicanas/Latinas and Lesbian Mexicanas Online.
Research Question(s):
-What is currently being theorized about cyberspace? How is this scholarship relevant to social justice and cultural productions? And why is this scholarship necessary?
-How are communities of Queer Chicanas/Latinas and Lesbian Mexicanas utilizing cyberspace?
For my analysis I looked at two websites, www.marchalesbica.org.mx and www.almalopez.net.
Overall it went well, especially considering it was my first time presenting on this content. I am always looking for constructive criticism and/or someone who shares my research interests. Send me an email if you would like to see my powerpoint in its entirety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home